lördag 16 april 2011

Gotta catch 'em all!

Hi!

Despite buying all of those other games, including actual 3DS-games, the game I've been playing the most is Pokémon Black. I thought I had had enough of this franchise when I finished Heartgold version without dying once, as I mentioned in the last post. It appears not so much, which really shows how addictive these games are. For some reason this game seems every so sliiightly harder than HG, since I've died twice now, the first one being the initial battle you have with your friend "rival". For variety's sake I chosed the grass pokémon, which I've never done before in a pokémon game since I think it seems bad and those pokémons usually are a bit boring. However I think you early on meet pokémons that are good against grass type, like electricity ones, ground types, psychic, fire and so on. Obviously, at least in my play through, your rival has the type that is bad for you (fire), and the first gym leader adapts so it is that one as well.

In Blue/Red I chosed Charmander (which apparently is the most difficult one) and for Diamond I grabbed the water one which coupled with an electricity type I almost never had to switch to any other for any battle whatsoever. Since I ground out the battles with wild pokémon even though I could've ran instead or used repel more, my water type dude (Empoleon eventually, can't remember the name of its first form) had such a high level it didn't matter if the enemies were a bad matchup. The possible exception was when you fought against some dragons towards the end, but even those I could one-shot once I got the opportunity when their attack missed or whatever. The game said you had to train at least three pokémon of different types equally in order to do well, that sure as hell wasn't the case for me. In Diamond I remember losing one single fight throughout the playthrough, which I wouldn't have done if I had not been too stingy with the potions at that point in the game. Of course, the game's main target audience is children, so this is not that strange, the difficulty is geared towards that target audience and I should move on to hardcore games for mature audiences like Halo and Modern Warfare 2... I played Pokémon Red back in the day and I think it's a genius idea for a game, likely I'll continue to play them so bite me. Pokémon is the only RPG I've really enjoyed, which says a lot. And yes I know some people don't think Pokémon is an RPG at all, but I digress. What is it if not an RPG? Some people would even say that Zelda is an RPG game, something I however don't agree with. It's more of an action/adventure game with RPG elements, but no proper leveling for one.

Oh well, gotta go now and watch MorroW pwn some noobs in the TSL!

Later!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar