onsdag 13 april 2011

Going Big

Hi!

Today I decided to give in to temptation and buy Nintendo's latest gadget, the 3DS along with Street Fighter IV and Rayman 3D. I also got Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the 360 and Pokémon Black for DS. The 3D effect on the 3DS is actually pretty cool, something I have not really read anything about in the numerous reviews I've checked out. If you've seen a 3D movie at a theater lately, this is pretty much exactly like that except that it's a lot sharper (the movies sometimes get a bit fuzzy especially when there's a lot of movement going on), and of course that you don't need any 3D-glasses to get the effect.

It's also a matter of which game you play. Street Fighter is the one game out of the release titles that has gotten the best reviews, however it's a 2D fighting game so the 3D effect isn't fully utilized. Rayman is I'm sure a very mediocre game, but the way the perspective is used makes it way cooler and more immersive than the aforementioned fighting game. The game itself is as I understand it a port of an old game and plays basically as a low-grade version of Super Mario 64. But that's fine since I got the game cheap with the console itself and it's fine just to showcase the 3D effect.

I haven't had time to play Pokémon Black or MVC3 that much but so far they are promising. Fighting games isn't usually the genre I play the most, but I do enjoy it and I'm trying to get into it more. The only fighting game I've really played a lot before is Super Smash Bros Brawl, and that's mostly for the nostalgia factor. What's more is that a lot of people probably don't even consider that one a "real" fighting game, whatever that is. The last Pokémon game I played - Heartgold version - I finished without even losing one single fight. Which kind of sucked because one of the main things I look for in a game is a challenge. Oh well at least in this one they've tried to change things up a little, and a positive is that I lost the second fight so that's promising at least. More news to come as they unfold and as I venture into the wonderful world of the third dimension.

Peace out!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar