tisdag 8 mars 2011

Future releases

Hello!

I'm not really playing a lot of new games these days, I'm unemployed at the moment so my budget is a bit restricted, also there aren't that many games released that I'm that excited about. So I thought maybe I'd write a bit about some upcoming games that look promising and that I'm certainly looking forward to. So without further ado here goes a list in no particular order with the game, the platform I plan on getting it on and preliminary release date:

Silent Hill Downpour - 360 - Q3 2011
Battlefield 3 - PC - Q4 2011
Duke Nukem Forever - PC - 3 May
Resident Evil Revelations - 3DS - TBA 2012
L.A. Noire - 360 - 17 May
Mega Man Universe - 360 - TBA
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii - TBA 2011

I guess out of those it's just DNF and LA Noire that have an actual release date and one that is about two months away. So that's a lot of waiting left to be done, in the case of DNF two months feels like nothing though considering I've been waiting for that one for over a decade. Duke Nukem 3D has not aged very well, but at the time it was one of the most innovative Build-engine FPS games available alongside Dark Forces. It was funny that I learned about some of the quotes Duke uses from DN3D before actually hearing were they come from. Most of them are from Army of Darkness, classics such as "Groovy!" and "Hail to the king, baby!" to name a few.

I usually play quite a few old games, it's nice to relive classics and to play games I've missed for whatever reasons. Haven't been doing that a lot lately though. To be honest I don't quite know which direction I want to be taking this blog right now, the idea was to talk about current games I'm playing. But since I'm not really playing any games right now maybe the updates will have to wait, or I'll have to come up with some related topics to talk about. Another alternative would be to talk about Magic: The Gathering, but I feel that there are already a multitude of blogs about MtG out there so it wouldn't add much (of course there certainly are a lot of blogs about video games as well). I'm thinking that starting a separate blog for that topic would perhaps be a better idea. Oh well, the future will tell, time to sign off for now.

Laters!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar