torsdag 3 mars 2011

Crysis 2 Demo

Hello!

Yesterday I downloaded the demo for Crysis 2 that I found out about from a site that should not be named. Ok I found out about it from /v/ on 4chan. You definitely have to take the good with the bad at that place, but it is a good place for tips about new video games. Crysis has long been the defining game to judge wether your computer is up to par, as it at least for its time had very detailed graphics that demands a lot from your computer. I can safely say that my rig is about a year old now and was pretty much the shit back then, and Crysis certainly did not run completely smooth when maxed out on all graphics settings. On the other hand, I suppose partly because the game was somewhat old by then, in my opinion it didn't look that nice or detailed. A game like Resident Evil 5 I think certainly looks better even though technically Crysis might have more polygons or whatever. Even more to the point is that it wasn't that good of a game, some silly macho marines in stupid-looking suits fighting north koreans that speak english with an accent (?). Now I've never been to North Korea so I can't verify that the random disposable henchmen do not actually speak english with accents, but somehow I doubt it.

Back to the part deux of Crysis, it appears the demo is for the multiplayer part of the game. No matter how much they try to innovate with your combat suit having different abilities such as a cloak and an armor mode, it still is at the core the same old FPS multiplayer game that it feels like you've played hundreds of times before. This particular one is clearly inspired by MW2/the latest Call of Duty installation. The gameplay is very fast paced, even though you seemingly are supposed to be working as a team that doesn't really work very well because of the way the maps look. There are just too many open spaces and it's too difficult to cover all directions, and the way the weapons work if you catch someone off guard it's almost impossible for the other guy to react and shoot back before he's dead. Oh well, I guess outing number two for Crysis is just as much of a lithmus test for testing how a computer handles graphics as the first one, so the gameplay is not really what is most important to the makers of the game. There is still hope though, Battlefield 3 is coming out I guess not soon, I think late 2011, but a gameplay trailer was recently released and it looks awesome (better than Crysis 2).

Peace out!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar