onsdag 2 mars 2011

Duels of the Planeswalkers

Yo!

I play the trading card game Magic: The Gathering regularily IRL, which made me get Duels of the Planeswalkers for X-box 360. Prior to the game's release it was hyped a lot and for some reason I thought it was going to be a pretty extensive game like the old Shandalar Magic game for PC. In that one you would walk around and battle mages to gain new cards, RPG-style. So when I first played Duels of the Planeswalkers I was a bit dissapointed since the game is a bit limited when it comes to customizing your deck and such.

I like to grind playing the game in order to try to win seemingly unwinnable situations, to win with horrible decks against really good ones (the last "boss" deck in the latest DLC is what I'm thinking about, Sorin Markov). Even though the decks are pretty simple for the most part, and since I don't have X-box Live I only play against the computer, you actually become better at Magic from playing this game. I used to think that the computer is slightly worse than the average human Magic player you play against IRL at FNM or prerelease level, but I would argue that it's actually better. One of the most common mistake, if not the most common at least when it comes to limited and sealed deck in particular, is that people don't attack enough. The computer at Planeswalker difficulty is not particularily smart, but it always attacks when it has an advantageous board position.

Signing off,

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar